Tuesday 25 March 2014

COFFER FILTER TRIPTYCH...

Hello my Lovelies, back with another triptych, it's a gift for Lillian
a wonderful Lady at water fit..
I've always loved using used coffee filters and thought I would show you how you can use them and what a lovely pattern it has.. 

 I gessoed over the beer mats then covered each with one filter, it covered both sides, I stamped some script, and some sequin waste with Tim's gathered twig..
 I punched out 2 circles from a dictionary page,  painted with water down gesso then stamped the sentiment edged them with gathered twig..
 Some stamping and a sentiment...
 Another gessoed dictionary circle with  sentiment...
 For the back I left the filter just plain, don't you love the design on it..I used some sticky back canvas to attach it together ,my Sis Sandy sent me some goodies, she had die cut a fancy key out of foil tape, I used the negative to create a post, I used vintage photo and tea stain to age it and the top of a crown stamp, trying to make the top on a fence,those tiny trees, Sandy has a machine to make her own stamps, she made me this stamp, it's 2 tiny trees, I'll be using this a lot, I looooove it..

 I gold embossed a Celtic circle on the middle panel.. I edged all the panels with a gold metallic pen..
Those gorgeous little trees again, inked with gathered twig..Hope you might decide to use some used coffee filters too. Thanks for visiting my nest, hope you all have a wonderful day, ((( BIG HUGS)))....

                                      NAMASTE!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful

Julie Lee said...

Wow! This is amazing! I love the colour and the effect of the coffee filter. Those trees are wonderful: I just love them so much! How great is that to have a machine to make stamps! I must research that one. Lucky, lucky Lillian to have something so special created for her. Dianne - your creativity is a joy! Julie Ann xxx

Glenda said...

You said coffee filters...right? Get outta here! This is one gorgeous piece!

Redanne said...

Another stunning triptych from you Dianne, I really, really love how you made it look so aged. Love your new tree stamps too. Hugs, Anne x

Kate Yetter said...

I love the background on your little book. So pretty!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love your triptych. great project!
thanks for stopping by to my blog during the "Lost Coast designs" and "Stencil Girl" blog hop!
all the comments made my day!
hugs
Bibiana

May said...

WOW Dianne, amazing creation...coffee filters I've never used these before the effect is Beautiful... Love the stamps...Thank you for the inspiration... Hugs May x x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW!!! Coffee filters are the best! Your design is simply fabulous! Love that is opens up at the top for tuck ins!

Tonniece said...

VERY EARTHY. She will treasure this Di. Love that stamp, so true.
Hugz Tonniece

Sue Lelli said...

OMGOSH, this is GORGEOUS! Your friend is almost as lucky as I was! Your triptychs have so much detail and so much LOVE and thoughtfulness! You are a Sweet, kind woman!

Words and Pictures said...

There you see... beer mats are definitely where it's at!! This is gorgeous, Dianne - such a wonderful aged look from the coffee filters and the fabulous, subtle stamping. Love, love this!
Alison xx