Saturday 29 March 2014

DRAGON DREAM CHALLENGE ZEN

Hello my Lovelies  I'm entering the challenge again with the Dragons, Silvia picked the letter Z with a face, they have some wonderful tags their to inspire you, have a look here, enjoy, maybe even play along..
 I had to put my thinking cap on for this one, when Zen popped into my head, I googled image it and all these zen gardens came up, they were white with circles and black shiny stones with bamboo shoots.
I decided I'd create my kind of garden that would soothe me..

I cut out a piece of water color paper, and my time cards used some of Tim's lemonade, then went over it all with broken china to create a lovely green, trying to create the circles I used the fiber paper (underneath the tag), you can see it better on the back, It got cover up in the front. I stamped tiny bamboo shots all around the frame both sides. I used a pill bottle top with some watered down white paint to create more circles, then some of the paint through some sequin waste. Went over it all again with broken china..
 I stamped zen on another fiber paper podged it on, glued some green glass beads and painted them gold, I used gelato's to dye my seam binding and ribbon, then stamped the bamboo shoot in liquid gold leaf...
 My cute face is a Chinese bee my Sis had photocopied I punched her out, trimmed it in gold, punched out a piece of black card stock and a circle of cardboard to make her sit up. I cut one of the circles of the fiber paper  and put it behind it, I trimmed it all with a gold ink pen, back and front...
 I did almost the same with the back, you can see the circles better here, stamped the bamboo all around the edge and added the word there too
This is my ZEN Garden, hope you liked it, please have a look at all the other tags made, they are fantastic. I love dreaming with the Dragon team....
Have a wonderful weekend, ((( BIG HUGS )))...

                                             NAMASTE!!!

10 comments:

Julie Lee said...

I love this Dianne! I adore Zen gardens and I should like to step into the one you have created - such peace. Such serene shapes and colours. It's so lovely that you have come along to join with the Dragons again! Great to have you along. Julie Ann xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful tag in great colors. Love all the tiny details and the face is amazing. Thanks for dreaming with us over at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Dianne, lovely tag , the backdrop is gorgeous and I love your colour palette too. Hope,you are well. Tracy x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your Zen garden - lovely peaceful colours and great layers, Chrisx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love your colors, green so Zen! and TFS the info on that blog. i check it out! and it looks so interesting, wish to have some more time! :(
hugs bibiana

Sue Lelli said...

OOOH! I just LOVE your Zen Garden! The colors are so Cool and the circles and that face are just Fantastic! LOVE the texture, too! FAB creation, Dianne!

Annie said...

I love all the zen color and details on this great tag!

Words and Pictures said...

Beautifully Zen, Dianne - I feel calmer just looking at this post, and after the week I've had that's saying something!! Gorgeous greens, and the golden stones make a wonderful feature in your Zen garden.

Thank you as always for your amazing comments and support - I love hearing your sqwaak of excitement!
Alison xx

ElizabethR said...

Lovely Zen tag and a very calming colour choice, thanks for dreaming with us at the Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

Unknown said...

Love your Zen garden. Thanks for joining us at Dragons Dream this time. Jacqui (DT member)