Thursday 6 March 2014

FAIRIES IN THE MEADOW....

Hello my lovelies, spring is in the air, it's going to be 1 C, hopefully coming out of our deep freeze. Since last Friday I've been having a love affair at my desk, I'm craaaazy about fairy's. I found the book I won with my Fabre Castel  stuff, got my fairy stamps, my new meadow flowers, Tim's goodies, and had some big fun...
Started and stayed till I was finished, I couldn't stop..
I've have hardly been visiting so I have all weekend to do that.
I will show you a couple of pages every day..

 The cover, I covered it with molding paste in a thick layer, got an old whipper and pressed it in the paste to get the circles, I went over it with rusty hinge and forest moss,  spritz it with water, I did the same to a small piece of water color paper, then stamped Believe.
 I have an old Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Calender and that's where I got a few sentences in the book it seem appropriate.. 


 I used the paints and water to the seam binding, edged it with the rusty hinge ink pad, stamped the meadow flowers..

 My first page is really strange, because I gessoed it then used the paints with water, now I watched Limor Webber do all 6 pages, with gelatos, and lots of water, my the pages warped, even split almost in half  not sure why this happened, so I did tried not to add to much water to the rest of the book, it was much better anyway..
 This gessoed page, hhmm, the stamp almost slid across the page,  it didn't hold the color very good, I always have to learn from my mistakes hahaha...
These are my little dancing fairies this is Suzette, blowing bubbles..


This is Tatiana spreading fairy dust, I used my ink pads to color the page, I could make water droplets in the ink, I used  stickles for all their wings I used my copics to add some color to the flowers, to give them a bit of definition, and my white Sharpie to make all the  flower tops, loooooooove them.
"She's a wild and gentle flower." was my them song in the early 70, anytime I got my hands on some Queen Anne's Lace I would wear it in my hair, I was a wild child.....
Thanks so much for stopping by my crazy nest, your visit make my day. Have a wonderful day,  ((( BIG HUGS)))..
                         
                                        NAMASTE!!!

8 comments:

Darnell said...

Stunning work, Dianne! Your book is just stunning! Flowers and birds and fairies = a book of pure joy!! I just love your enthusiasm; it shines through your creations!! Hugs, Darnell

Julie Lee said...

Dianne, this is breathtaking work! I love that sky - just the kind of light when you see fairies!!! I love Queen Anne Lace too! I just have to get Rusty Hinge - it's gorgeous on your book cover! I love how - even when things don't go to plan - you persevere and create something incredibly beautiful - that's magic! Like you, I find some projects just take a hold and you have to craft on until you finish. I love how you shared this with us! So inspiring!!! Oh, yes and I almost forgot - I love what you're doing with the ribbons too! Julie Ann xxx

Glenda said...

This is such a beautiful creation. Queen Annes Lace is one of my favorites! I love the colors and nothing like fairies and fairy dust to make it a beautiful project!

Redanne said...

Ah, Dianne, as one wild child to another...... I love your stunning project, the stamping on the ribbon looks so beautiful and I just adore the fairies - simply gorgeous! Hugs, Anne x

Dr Sonia S V said...

How stunning it looks...the fairy dust is amazing and yes the water and paper wrapping is so tricky isnt it!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous idea and I love this project! Love the idea of the stamping on the ribbon, the whole thing looks super!!

Words and Pictures said...

Well, I've been catching up backwards, but it works just as well that way! Beautiful covers, and I can't believe how cool that stamped and inked seam binding looks. What a wonderful little book, and it's so clear that you are loving every moment of creating it.
Alison xx

Diane said...

A wonderful work in progress...LOVE it...loved reading all the posts..though I read them backwards (that's me..lol)...wonderful masterpiece to treasure forever!!!