Saturday 5 April 2014

WREATH....

I write this post with a heavy heart,  one of my special sisters Deb, a strong beautiful woman has been diagnosed with leukemia. I will be MIA most of the time, she is having therapy  for the next month, the hospital is only a few blocks away so I'll be able to visit,when she feels up to it......
My wreath is finished, photos aren't great, I had no where to hang it in the sunshine,it's hanging on my bathroom wall....

I asked my friend what her house looked like, Brick, 2 tone red and brown, brown trim, a white door, after I striped it down to the straw ring, I cut up a white tyevek, (overalls) into long stripes and wrapped it all around, I folded and wrapped some gold and dark purple plastic netting, it comes in a big roll.
 I always start by adding some long things :), I have picked these on some drives in the country side to get them, bull rushes, burrs, long grasses, they are plastic.
 I shaped the netting into a tube like shape. anise seed pods, love their shape, like tiny flowers, big poppy pod, ah then the gorgeous cockscomb, a friend gave me, I used gesso to add accents on the seed, pods, and pine cones..
A large dried mushroom, dried leaf, curly bits, you can buy big bags of these with different scents, make the wreath smell good for a while..
When I was in England my DS and I went to a Botanical Garden in Cambridge, on the ground these huge pine cones had fallen off the tree, I had never seen cones this big, so I picked some beautiful huge pine cones to take home, I cut a big  pine cone down to look like a flower, a deep dark red seed pod
 A couple of small dried apples, tried to make them look like a flower, the huge pine leafs, only one milk pod, I've picked a few bags of those, they make beautiful wings for fairies,
I absolutely loooooved making this wreath, it's the kind of wreath I would hang on my doors if I had a house and a door to hang it on :O). I feel happier sharing my creation with you, which gave me lots of joy to create, thanks for stopping by my nest.. I making a tag for my Niece, her daughter is having the family for dinner at a restaurant, it will be wonderful to see my other sisters, it seems we don't do it often enough for me.. I'll be around when I can and hope to chill out a bit at my desk, I'll need to do that, it soothes my soul...
                                  ((( BIG HUGS )))

                                       NAMASTE !!!

13 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister...she will be in my prayers. Love the wreath and it would look lovely anywhere...oh, and I do have a door if you need it! LOL! I know you will be a great comfort and source of strength to your sister.

Elena F Scrap said...

So sad notices im so sorry for your family. Your project is very beautiful.

Julie Lee said...

This comes with lots of love and thoughts for you and your DS. I can't think of anyone lovelier to visit me if I was sick than you Dianne - except my own dear family, of course. Although we have not met in the world outside Blogland, your art and your dear comments are always full of soul, kindness and joy. This wreath is beautiful. I love the way you use natural, found objects in your art story. I could just see you excitedly gathering those amazing pine-cones. Take care of yourself, dear Magpie Cousin and you will be your DS's strength and joy. Julie Ann xxx

Sue Lelli said...

Big HUGS to you Dianne And prayers for your sister. I am so sorry. Can I make her a card when I return? Would that be okay? I LOVE your wreath! My Mom used to make wreaths and this post brought back lovely memories. Take care of your sister and enjoy your other family.

Darnell said...

Oh, my heavens, Dianne, this wreath is so extraordinary! What a wonderful eye you have! This is beautiful and one-of-a-kind. You could sell these in a minute!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Deb. I hope her journey back to good health is as smooth as can be. I know having you by her side will be a wonderful tonic for her!! Big hugs, Darnell

Gio said...

Hello Dianne, give a big hug to your friend. She is lucky to have support from you.
The wreath is really beautiful and elegant, and is made with your heart, you couldn't fail!

Anonymous said...

I am deeply sorry to read of your DS's health news, that is terribly sad for all of you. To have you live nearby to the hospital is something to be thankful for because there is no doubt that you will bring light into her life even during her darkest moments.
Your wreath his exquisite, it is like a love letter to Mother Nature.
I will of course keep your DS and you within my thoughts
Wishes to you
Lynne

trisha too said...

So sorry to hear about your dear Deb, that is hard news indeed. Keep us updated as you can . . .

Your wreath is absolutely lovely, Dianne--so many beautiful elements.

May said...

Lots of hugs for you Dianne & your sister... so glad you live near the hospital so you can visit often thinking of you all....Your wreath is beautiful...Gorgeous elements & design... Hugs May x x x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your wreath is beyond fabulous! Love the wisps and feathers!
On the personal note...strength be with you. I too saw a friend through cancer last summer...hardest thing I've ever done. You are wonderful wonderful for helping, and I pray it all works out.

Victoria said...

HUgs my sweet friend, I wish hugs of comfort, love and healing to your beautiful sister! Know you are both in my thoughts and prayers!
Gorgeous wreath.inspiring and dazzling..so much beauty to gaze at and admire..wonderful!!
Hugs
Victoria

Words and Pictures said...

This is so amazing ... such wonderful use of natural elements, and composed with such elegance and drama - magnificent! And I love that bits of it are from the Botanical Gardens in Cambridge - a magical place!!

So sorry to hear about Deb - now I understand about the hospital visits... catching up slowly.
Alison xx

Kate Yetter said...

So very pretty! Love the the embellies on the netting. So sorry to hear about your sister. I recently had a close friend disgnosed with leukemia as well. It is a long journey but good friends and family make it more bearable.
kate