Monday 23 June 2014

A FEW MISHAPS.....

Hello My Lovelies, it's wonderful of you to stop by my crazy nest, I was at my desk for 3 days in madness trying to do 2 projects at the same time, big mistake, I should only do 1 at a time.
I'll show you why....



 I thought I would make my own mask I cut it out from coffee filters, I did 4 layers, then stamped one and all the cut offs..

 I stamped them on top of a gessoed book pages with one of my favorite stamps which I used later..

  I added the stamped frill and the stamped coffee filter added some lace and gold bead chain, I don't like it at all its all wonky, this is in my stash now and will start again...


 Now my other project was an envelope card Miss Astrid made hers was GORGEOUS, so I attempted to make one, first off the airmail envelope was to thin, then the paper I used, was also to thin, and  I cut it a bit to small. so I had to make some washi tape to cover the edges...
 I used medical tape, red spray I made for the paper and some gold spray I also made and stamped it..


 I painted the page with watered down gesso, I sprayed it with a paper dollies, added some circles in magenta and white paint, I did almost the same on the inside pages using different stamps. The pages ended up getting wrinkles in it, I don't like it at all, it to is in a folder, you know I can't through anything out LOL.... I will start again with thicker paper and envelopes. I spent so much time on them I thought I'd share my mishaps too...



 I did make 2 flower I loved, the first one is with brown paper bags and book pages, the other is made from the book page I had used for the mask, I used my gold spray on them. I was watching some grrrrreat videos to make flowers by hand no machines needed ER is the maker of these wonderful flowers, here if your interested..



Thanks so much for visiting my nest and letting me share my mishaps, I went back to my desk and did some dreaming with the dragons, 1 think 1 at a time is better for me :O), and it turned out wonderful, I'll have to take some photos and share them soon..
Deb has to do one more biopsy, then if everything is okay she will be able to go home, finger and toes crossed...  ((( BIG HUGS )))..

                                             NAMASTE !!!

7 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Fingers and toes crossed for Deb! That's for sure! LOVE reading this post to see your mishaps and your FABULOUS flowers! I love how you never throw anything away and make such lovely things! I honestly loved both projects, Dianne!

Victoria said...

HUgs..wowness..I love the mask..it is exquisite and beautiful! Loving this floral magic to..so pretty!
You are amazing!!
Hugs, I have missed you!

Glenda said...

I truly loved the mask and the flower is beautiful. We all make projects we don't think are up to snuff but we are always too hard on ourselves. I think you are very very creative!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your mistakes don't look like mistakes to me but if you had something in mind that didn't make the grade then you are so right to hang on to it to use in something else! I love those flowers and will certainly check out the link (when I'm not rushing around like a mad thing!) Good news about Debs, wish her well! Chrisx

Julie Lee said...

I am so glad you kept these two projects, Dianne. I'm sure that you'll be able to use them some time. I like that mask v.much. I don't think wonkiness matters. My projects are undoubtedly always wonky because my Magpie eyes seem to see that way! What I say is, 'Only machines - not artists - make things that aren't wonky' and - to quote Tim H - 'Embrace imperfection'! I was really impressed by both these 'makes' of yours. I find that I have to do one thing at a time, though. I need this for the ideas and dreams to flow into what I make (hope that doesn't sound loony!!!) Great news about Debs! What an amazing trouper! Crossing everything for her! Julie Ann xxxx

Words and Pictures said...

It's funny, isn't it... sometimes when I have lots on the go, they all just fly, and sometimes I have to just focus on one thing at a time or I end up with lots of mishaps! I still think the mask looks pretty darned amazing... and the flowers are glorious!
Alison xx

Cestina said...

And to think of using coffee filters! Love it.
xx