Sunday 21 September 2014

A SPECIAL CARD.....

Hello my Lovelies, I been really busy at my desk, creating some cards for a Dear Lady at swimming who lost her husband to Cancer.  This is a special card for Mildred it is her best friend. I made one for the gang to sign, I'll post that later..


 I started with another envelope, smaller this time, 12 x 91/2. in.
I had a paper sitting around which I had put a stencil I had used with paste then rubbed it on the paper, I used some of Tim's ink, spiced marmalade , rusty hinge, fired brick and worn lipstick to color it up..

 I stamped a sentiment all over with pomegranate ink, then cut out a lily from a card front, stamped a sentiment and some fancy corner grasses.

 I used a tiny heart stencil and bumped it with 2 paint colors then stamped a lily stamp with white paint..



 For the inside I gessoed over a pretty paper, it cover all the shiny bits but gave a beautiful texture, I used gelatos to color it all the reds and oranges pinks I had and blended it with water..


                I added a envelope with a thinking of you card inside..


I stamped one of my favorite quotes on some gessoed dictionary page..



 I had stamped the faith image on the paper but it got smeared so I stamped it on more gessoed book page, with the word love in the middle and put it on top...

I made my favorite circles with a lid from a hairspray bottle with some Fresco paints, yes I said paints, my wonderful sis Sandy got me 5 of the translucent paints. I have been experimenting with them still need a lots of practice, I keep watching the Paper artys video's.
I stamped some french script in pomegranate stamping up ink and a small butterfly all over , then stamped memories in black ink, if you look at it on the large setting you can see the texture on the page.
I have to get back to my desk and get my challenge for the Dragons done. I was sick most of last week so I have a lot to get caught up on, I'm feeling better now, and will be around to visit later.
Hope you all have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

                                         NAMASTE !!!!


12 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oh wow,stunning card,beautifully done and really thoughtful too.

I love the fresco paints,make sure you get some crackle glaze too,love that effect :)

Glad you are feeling better and able to craft again Dianne

Big hugs
Donna xxx

Redanne said...

Your card is gorgeous Dianne, I love the subtle saying that you stamped over the card and the word 'memories' is a lovely touch too. Really beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Redanne said...

PS, sorry to hear that you were poorly last week, hope you are back to full health soon! xxx

Julie Lee said...

So glad to see you back, Dianne. This is such a beautiful card made with your usual attention to detail, brilliant colour choices and empathy and love. You are a special crafter, Dianne and you make the world a lovelier place even in the midst of sorrow. xxx

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

That is really a beautiful card. It has given me an idea for Christmas. Thank-you so much for the inspiration!

Glenda said...

such beautiful colors you achieved here. I love the words as well!

Shoshi said...

Fabulous, Diane. I love the combination of those distress inks. A really rich effect.

Shoshi

Unknown said...

Love your card, and what a sweet thing for you to do for her... the fresco paints look delightful in all ways... will have to check them out... as I love what you have done here with them... a really GREAT LOOK... thanks for all the lovely comments you have been leaving on my blog... what a sweet person you are Diane... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Elena F Scrap said...

Dianne; she will be so happy with this; is turly beautiful. Hugs Elena.

Anonymous said...

You almost feel the warmth just looking at the gorgeous shade of those beautiful colors. So perfect for your friend at such a time. Beautiful, simply beautiful.
xoxo

Candy C said...

Dianne...you have such a huge compassionate heart. I love how you share your art with so many. This card is gorgeous and I know your friend will love it. Love the colors, the blended patterns and colors in the background. Really a lovely card. <3 Candy

Sue Lelli said...

OOH the colors are so YUMMY together! I'm still trying to figure out those paints, too! Lots of GREAT details here!